Here is PhillyPhanatics.com’s Top 10 list of the best players selected at No. 14 during the past 50 years. The Eagles made the 14th pick four times during these years. (Eagles’ picks at the bottom of this list.)
10. Thomas Davis, DB/LB, Georgia (drafted by Panthers in 2005) Davis has gotten better with age, making the Pro Bowl the past 2 seasons and being named first-team All-Pro in 2015 while forming, arguably, the NFL’s best linebacker tandem with Luke Kuechly.
9. John Jefferson, WR, Arizona State (drafted by Chargers in 1978) Named first-team All-Pro and selected to Pro Bowl 4 times in his first 5 seasons. Gained more than 1,000 receiving yards in each of his first 3 seasons, including NFL-leading 1,340 yards in 1980 before being traded to Packers after contract dispute.
8. Jeremy Shockey, TE, Miami (drafted by Giants in 2002) Named first-team All-Pro as rookie and selected to Pro Bowl 4 times in his first 5 seasons of 10-year career.
7. Doug Wilkerson, G, North Carolina Central (drafted by Oilers in 1970) After 1 season with Oilers, became a fixture at left guard for Chargers, starting for 14 seasons. Named first-team All-Pro in 1982, selected to participate in Pro Bowl 3 times.
6. Eddie George, RB, Ohio State (drafted by Oilers in 1996) Rushed for more than 1,000 yards in 7 of his first 8 seasons.Named first-team All-Pro in 2000, the last year of 4 straight Pro Bowl selections.
5. Ruben Brown, G, Pittsburgh (drafted by Bills in 1995) Selected to Pro Bowl 9 times in his 13-year career, including 8 times in 9 seasons with Bills (and once in 4 seasons with Bears).
4. Randy Gradishar, LB, Ohio State (drafted by Broncos in 1974) Named first-team All-Pro twice, selected to 7 Pro Bowls during 10-year career with Broncos.
3. Jim Kelly, QB, Miami (drafted by Bills in 1983) Kelly initially spurned the Bills, signing with Houston of USFL instead. Kelly was named USFL MVP in 1984. After USFL folds, Kelly plays 11 seasons with Bills, leading them to 4 Super Bowls. Named first-team All-Pro in 1991, selected to Pro Bowl 5 times. Member of Pro Football Hall of Fame.
2. Earl Thomas, safety, Texas (drafted by Seahawks in 2010) Named first-team All Pro from 2012-14, selected for Pro Bowl 5 straight seasons until injuries ended that streak in 2016. The Eagles infamously traded up from No. 24 to No. 13 to select DE/LB Brandon Graham 1 pick ahead of Thomas and 2 spots before the Giants selected Jason Pierre-Paul. The Cowboys selected Dez Bryant at No. 24.
1. Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh (drafted by Jets in 2007) Named first-team All-Pro 4 times, selected to Pro Bowl 7 times.
Eagles’ picks at No. 14: Tim Rossovich, LB, USC (1968); John Reeves, QB, Florida (1972); Bernard Williams, OT, Georgia (1994); Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State (2006).